Tuesday 29 March 2011

80th birthday card





The starting point of the card was my first ever Lili of the Valley stamp that I bought at the NEC last Friday. It's a pretty little girl with a bunch of flowers. I loved it when I saw it and thought it would be great for a Mothers Day card but then I did something else for Mum. I couldn't wait to use the stamp though and so I decided to test it out.


The image is stamped onto glossy photo paper and then coloured in using promarkers (has anyone seen my ivory pen?).

I die cut the image out from my new oval spellbinders nesties and then did a mat from my new oval scallop nesties. The topper is completed using some gold letter peel offs to make the phrase 'young at heart'.

On an A6 card, i made some backing paper from the Pampered Pets range I bought a few weeks ago. I used one of my Martha Stewart edging punches to create a border at the bottom. Its also repeated on the back of the card.

I wrapped a piece of green ribbon around the backing paper before sticking the topper onto it.

Then I used some Fiskars punches to make a lot of little flowers which I coloured with distress inks and then stuck one on top of the other to create dimensional flowers. From the same set of punches, i made some butterflies.

The card is completed using sentiment and number peel offs.

I am entering the card in the following challenges:


Crafty Cardmakers - Special Birthday challenge
Lili of the Valley - Punch it challenge
Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog - Go Green
Ladybug Crafts - Handmade flowers challenge

4 comments:

  1. aw what a cute little card .. so pretty and i love the sentiment !
    Thanks for joining us at sarah hurley
    Lisa
    Ps - we have a handmade flowers challenge at Ladybug crafts ink this week and your card would fit the bill perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Helene, the handmade flowers are so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week! Hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, love those tiny little flowers, really cute. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment - it goes so well with the image, which you have coloured to perfection!

    Thank you for coming over to play at Crafty CardMakers this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete