Tuesday 29 March 2011

Birthday for a Teen card

Another foray into my My Crafts Studio collection found this beautiful image - perfect for a teenage girl and very reminscent of Saturday evenings from soooo long ago!


Its a bit pink but then that is a colour that I always find a bit of a challenge.

The base card is A4 white Centura pearl folded in half to make an A5 card.

The background came from the Kids NSR collection from MCS. I have added a silver ribbon and silver peel offs to the edges. I have added some green gems to the ribbon.

The topper is an image from the same MCS collection printed onto glossy photo paper. I have added some glitter that is not too clear in the photo but it does form the water from the shower amongst other bits.

The topper is mounted onto pink card that has been embossed with a flower pattern and then glittered over. The flower shape in the corners is from a corner punch. The whole lot was then layered onto silver holographic card but that didn't look right so I coloured the card with a green promarker. I also added some green gems to the corners.

The flowers were made from the left over backing paper which I cut using the spellbinders flower shapeabilities, crinkled, distressed with fired brick ink and then stuck together and sparkled using Crafters Companion iridescent spray.

The sentiment is just a gold peel off stuck onto scrap pink card and cut with a deckle edge pair of scissors and edged with the green promarker.

I am entering the card into the Charisma Card challenge - Birthday for a teen card

No comments:

Post a Comment