Sunday 17 April 2011

Charisma Cardz Challenge - Pink, Black and Green

Pink, Black and Green - sounds like an awful colour combination doesn't it? But if you look at the wonderful cards made by the Charisma Challenge design team, it is anything but awful. So I thought I would have a go...



The base card is a long piece of A4 white card, folded in half and then trimmed to fit the size of the elements chosen.

In my stash I found a piece of paper that had pink and green on it and used that as my background. The paper was edged with a Martha Steward punch and overstamped with a glitter girls flourish (not sure that shows up on the photo).

I then searched through my stash of Crafters Companion card and found some matching pink and green card. I die cut various circles and scallop circles using spellbinders dies from the pink and green card and some black card. Using a smaller spellbinders die, I then cut three white circles from glossy photo paper.

I stamped three cupcakes from a set of stamps that I got from a magazine (probably Papercraft Essentials or Crafts Beautiful but not sure). I coloured the images with promarkers using the same green/ pink theme.

I stuck everything together, added a sentiment and some ribbon to finish the card.

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy Helene! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helene, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and embellishments you've used. Thanks so much for taking part in my colour challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete