Saturday 7 May 2011

Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge 12 - Girl's Birthday

If nothing else, making this card has shown me that I seriously need to invest in more Crafters Companion stamps LOL!



The card is an A5 base made from yellow pearlescent card.

The backing paper, sentiment and the images are from the Crafters Companion Platinum CD - the birthday collection. I actually uploaded them into My Craft Studio to resize them and then alter the colours to the yellow tones shown. It also meant that I could crop out the images I wanted and not print the others.

The main image was cut out using a square spellbinders die and then coloured with wild honey distress ink whilst still in the die to create the white border. I have glittered the flower and the lines in the present, although you can't see that in the photo.

The yellow scallop die was used to cut out the second layer to the topper. And yes, its more yellow paper from the January Docrafts Goody bag.

Both squares were edged with gold pen.

I shaped the Souffle image to add dimension to the card and then stuck  Souffle and the present on to the card. Souffle and the present are also well glittered!

It's not easy to see on the picture but there is also a yellow lace ribbon behind the main topper. I have been practising making lace borders with my Martha Stewart Stamps.

The card is finished off with flowers and buttons from the Docrafts goody bag.

I am entering the card in the Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge.

1 comment: