Sunday, 15 May 2011

Less is more - Challenge 15 - One Layer embossing

I love embossing. Heat or dry embossing is one of my things. So why I am so lacking in inspiration this week. Definite loss of crafting mojo.



The card I am entering into this week's Less is More challenge is one I have been toying with for a while. The card base is centura pearl which I have cut into a 6x6 card blank. I masked the side with low tack tape and then stamped a poppy image from Clarity stamps on the edges. I added a butterfly from the 3 birds Clearly Handstamped range. The images were embossed with black WOW embossing powder.

With the masking tape still in place, I then loaded up my brayer from the Spice Big and Juicy ink pad, using the Barbara Gray from Clarity method, I layered a subtle background over the stamped image.

The sentiment is from the Xyron Design runner.

20 comments:

  1. Great card Helene, super bit of embossing!
    Thanks so much for joining us once more!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card Helene, very pretty. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully embossed image and your brayering is fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, such a pretty image

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stylish and I love the stamps you used

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the subtle background:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the softly coloured background and the pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely Helene. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super effective card Helene
    Love it!
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, love the brayered background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card - a lovely example of embossing.
    Stacex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the sentiment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! Great embossing details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the 'in the corner' style of design, fab card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous embossing ! So very stlish and elegant.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card, nice layout too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete