Wednesday 23 February 2011

Sketchy Thursday and YELLOW!!!

More yellow...

More inspiration from the Docrafts goody bag. It just goes on and on and I haven't even opened the buttons, bows and flowers yet. Fantastic value.

I read in a book on making scrapbook pages that yellow was a colour to use sparingly. I disagree. I am not normally one for bright colours. I maybe a girl but I hate pink.

Anyway how did I put the page together?

The main sheet is yellow coredinations paper from the bag. I have cut a piece of the yellow patterned paper from the bag and overstamped the edges with a branch stamp from the Three Birds 'Clearly handstamped' selection. I cut out a square of black card and overstamped it with white ink using the same branch stamp. The yellow ribbons used to form the frame were stuck down using the Xyron. The ribbons also came from the bag.

The photos are matted onto more of the yellow paper. The crossed ribbons are actually sticky borders from the bag.

The journal is another stamp from the Three Birds selection and is stamped onto a scrap piece of the yellow paper and matted onto a scrap piece of black card. The scallop edge was done using a freebie pair of scissors.

The letters of the title were from the Forever Friends springtime selection.

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and the colors! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is my new favorite color! Love this LO, so fun! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week, come play again!!

    ReplyDelete