Saturday 19 February 2011

Valentine's Day scrapbook page

From the heart

My husband bought me a card and some flowers for Valentine's day so I thought I would save the memory in photos. Having taken the pictures, I decided to celebrate them with a scrapbook page.

The base is taken from the reds coredinations card. The bottom half of the page was covered with some paper I had "lying around" and the remains of some pink coredinations card left over from another project which I tore to create a border.

I added two borders from a scrapbook pack. I cut out a flourish from some scrap paper using the slice machine and sprayed it with Crafter's Companion gold glitter spray. I made some flowers from the remains of the paper used to cover the lower half. The flowers were die cut from a spellbinders set in two sizes, crumpled and then stuck together with pinflair glue gel, followed by a quick spray of irridescent glitter spray and a red flower gem stuck in the middle.

Using a label die from Spellbinders, I made a journal entry from scrap bits of paper and card. The outer red was edged with Stickles glitter glue and the inner one was highlighted using distressing inks.

The photos are matted onto crushed jewels card from the Glitter Girls.

I then stuck the whole thing together and "Voila".

No comments:

Post a Comment