Saturday 12 February 2011

Sketchy Thursday layout - at last I published on time

I have lots of 12x12 papers that I think came from Red Hot Bed. They coordinate with each other really well and I have some sheets of letter and number sheets too. I was looking for inspiration for the sketch when I opened the box with the papers and thought they were ideal. I have used three different papers for the background. I have used peel offs to highlight the edges of the page. The photos are matted onto red paper as is the journal entry. The journal entry was made on a scrap of paper which I coloured using Walnut stain Tim Holtz distressing inks and is written with a red Sakura pen. I have used a red ribbon for the accent. The Xyron comes in useful for sticking ribbon down! The page is finished off with letters cut out from the aforementioned pages which I have edged with gold Stickle glitter glue.

7 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! I so love your title! Great photo's on that red! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title - nice page about your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those photos and that title work! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice layout and good use of the sketch. Your title is fantastically done. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool title! So glad you got to play along with us at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool title! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

    ReplyDelete